Trust Your Child to People Who Really Care!
GROWING IN BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT
Serving the community since 1989, at MERRY MOPPET EARLY LEARNING CENTER in Hilliard, OH, Dublin/Worthington, OH and Powell, OH, our mission is to provide a safe, warm, nurturing and loving atmosphere that promotes the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of young children set in the context of Christian love. Our curriculum planning emphasizes learning as an interactive process. Teachers prepare the environment for children to learn through active exploration and interaction with adults, other children, and materials. These activities are designed to develop children’s self-esteem and positive feelings toward learning.
In seeking the very highest quality of experience for your child, Merry Moppet provides:
- A warm, loving environment – to be partners with parents – in the “next best place to home!”
- The finest competent instruction available locally! Your child will have a planned, active, well-balanced day in a positive learning atmosphere which will prepare him or her for later school years and life experiences.
- A pre-K program which is very special in that many of the children are reading when they enter kindergarten!
- Your child will learn to build positive, healthy relationships with both his peers and with adults, in an atmosphere where problem-solving and creative-thinking and positive attitudes are encouraged.
- The early childhood teachers provide a variety of fun-filled learning experiences plus a Christian emphasis.
- Merry Moppet Centers have been locally owned and family operated since 1989.
A Professional Staff
Our outstanding teaching staff has been carefully selected and works as a team in each classroom to provide the best possible learning experiences for your child. The year-round curriculum is carried out by lead teachers who have early childhood development education and experience together with team teachers. Our teachers are very special people!
Low Staff/Child Ratios
With degreed teachers on staff, and licensed by the State of Ohio, Department of Job and Family Services, we are well-known for offering exceptional learning to our young scholars. We are proud members of the Association for Early Learning Leaders.
Our centers observe the following staff/child ratios, which are lower than the state ratios:
Infants (6 weeks–18 months)…..1:4
Toddlers (18–30 months)……….1:6
Toddlers (30–36 months)……….1:7
Preschool (3 years)……………1:11
Pre-K (4–5 years)……………..1:12
Kindergarten-5th Grade) ….1:18
School-age Summer camp
About Our Owner
Our day care centers are privately owned by the Estep family, Gary and Myrtle. Mrs. Estep was the founding Director of the Hard Road and Britton Road Centers for seven years each and now serves as a Mentor and Coordinator for all the Centers. Prior to this time, Mrs. Estep was a Preschool Director and Teacher and has also served in a local Church as Director of Christian Education for all age groups. Mrs. Estep is a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio, and the Central Baptist Seminary in Kansas City, Kansas, with Bachelor’s and Master’s
Gary and Myrtle have two grown children—Angie and her husband, Dave who live in Oregon; and son, Randy and his wife, Stella, who are active in the administration of MERRY MOPPET EARLY LEARNING CENTER. Gary and Myrtle have four grandchildren.
Moppet Development Company’s administrative office can be reached at:
Phone: 614 764-8950
Fax: 614 764-4626